Child Nutrition 

Fresh Fruit and Vegetables Grant
Summer Food
Lunch Account
Breakfast is Served

            Special Dietary Needs 

Accommodating Special Dietary Needs in the School Nutrition Program

USDA Statement of Nondiscrimination

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity (including gender expression), sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, family/parental status, income derived from a public assistance program, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity, in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA (not all bases apply to all programs). Remedies and complaint filing deadlines vary by program or incident.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.) should contact the responsible Agency or USDA's TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program discrimination complaint, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, AD-3027, found online at How to File a Program Discrimination Complaint and at any USDA office or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: (1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; (2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or (3) email:

USDA is an equal opportunity provider, employer, and lender.



Geneva City Schools Charged Meal Procedures

Students who do not have sufficient funds to pay for a meal (free or reduced) are permitted to charge the cost of the meal. A record of the charge is kept by the manager or cashier. The cost of the meal is covered by the funds from the school’s office. When the student repays the debt, the money is returned to the school’s account. Habitual use by students is monitored and tracked. Parents of students who frequently charge meals may be contacted to determine if they require assistance for meal costs, such as sending home another application for free/reduced price meals.

Insufficient Funds and Worthless Checks

Any individual submitting a worthless check shall be charged a non-sufficient funds check fee of the maximum amount allowed by law for all returned checks, whether collected or not. A letter requesting payment plus the service charge, a copy of the returned check, and a copy of the Geneva City School policy regarding worthless checks shall be sent to the person(s) listed on the check. Only cash, money order, or cashier’s check shall be accepted as payment for a worthless check. If no response is received within ten (10) days of the date of the notification letter, a certified letter shall be sent. If no payment is received with ten (10) days of the certified letter, a copy of the letter, the worthless check, and the certified letter receipt shall be hand delivered to the District Attorney’s Office where charges shall be filed for prosecution.

Should a second worthless check be received from the same individual, no further checks will be accepted by the school or School System from that individual.